Wednesday, July 07, 2010

A commitment to working down my stash

One of the things I'm working on this summer, since I'm not working "a real job", is work down my yarn and fiber stash. My reasons aren't some much about money but the fact that I have have an astounding stash. If I manage to spin up all my fiber then I certinly wouldn't need any more yarn for a long time. To that end I've been working everyday on the SAL and KALs I've joined.

Tour de Fleece:
This spindle is slowly filling with what eventually be a fingering weight yarn. After I've finished this yarn I'm going to dig out my other (many) spindles to work off what I have on them.


On my wheel I've finished the first 4 ozs of this BFL. I'm not sure as of tonight if I'm going to spin the next 4 osz or switch to another batch of fiber just to have a change.


Sock Knitters Anonymous July KAL and Summer of Socks 2010
This is a fair isle sock designed by Chrissy Gardiner for Sock Knitters Anonymous on Ravlery.

This is a design by Anne Hanson of Knitspot. I've only been working on this sock for a couple of days but I'm loving how the sock is knitting up. I'm almost done with the first repeat.

I've also picked up a sock I put down last fall but I don't have any current pictures of it. I'll get a shot when I get the first sock done which Ithink will be tomorrow. There is one other sock on my needles but its a surprise for someone so you'll just have to wait until I gift the socks to see them.
Another thing I want to get going is a new weaving project but I'm not sure what I want to do yet.

3 comments:

Yart said...

Your yarn is beautiful. One day I will get around to learning how to spin.... I was suppose to last year and just didn't have the time

knittingdragonflies said...

Wow, I'm envious, everything you are working on is making my head spin. All pretty!
Vicki

็Ž‹ๅไป said...

It takes all kinds to make a world.............................................................