Friday, August 27, 2010

An update

My RA has gotten worse, again. I was doing really well there for a while, but then I took a tumble out of my bathtub over a month ago and that started a set back that I'm still dealing with. Even getting an infusion of Remicade wasn't able to calm down the pain I was in. I'm back on steroids and am limited in what I can do. I have to admit that deaing with this flare has been kind of tough but that may have something to do with the fact that I have nothing to look forward too. No plans for trips or anything of the like to help me move forward each day. To force myself to look forward in a positive way I've started to do some knitting for Christmas. I can't do much each day but I do some and that helps pass the time. I can't show you anything that I'm working on because the two projects I have on the needles are for people who might see this post. I can't even tell you the kind of knitting I'm doing because these two people are smart and know me well. It wouldn't take much for them to guess who I'm knitting for.

As for my progress on my various Spin- or Knit-alongs, not a whole lot more progress was made since I posted about them. I did finally finish plying the yarn I was working on my wheel but I didn't do that until after the Tour de Fleece was over. I'm still working slowly on the same fiber I had on the drop spindle and I'm in progress on the second sock of the pair I had on the needles for the Summer of Sock '10. Summer isn't over yet so there's still hope I'll get the pair finished but feeling the way have been I'm not going to hold my breath. I always start these things with the best of intentions but I have the attention span of a gnat and am easily side tracked.

I also fell off the wagon with my intention to only work from my stash this summer. There was some fiber and yarn that was just too "Ooooo, shiney!" for me to pass up. Oh my, this summer really isn't working out the way I had planned. Well today is another day and I am renewing my intention to only work from stash. To that end I'm NOT going to be spending time surfing Etsy when I'm board and I have enough knitting patterns to last me a life time, including a program, Sweater Wizard, that will allow me to design my own sweaters to exactly my measurements. Not to mention all the projects I have unfinished. Yes, I think I have reached my limit and need to stop with the consumerism and get to the end of something besides my wallet.

I know this update sounds pretty negative but know that I'm still fighting the good fight. The steroids are starting to bring down the inflamation. So I'll be able to do a little more each day. I've even entertained notions of planning a new weaving project. I need a bit more time on the steroids and to finish something on the needles first but its a nice thing to think about when I am stuck doing nothing in bed or on the couch.

1 comment:

nahlinse said...

Hi Christine,

I've just read your post and want to leave you a message that says: "I'm thinking of you".

Remember the good times during April & May (you know what I mean :-)) and the spirit you showed.
You have been an inspiration for so many of us. You have been an inspiration for me.

*hugs*
Moni